TimeSlips goals are to:
- Motivate people with Alzheimer’s and dementia to enhance and share the gifts of their imaginations.
- Inspire others to see beyond loss and to recognize the strengths of people with dementia.
- Improve the quality of life for people with dementia and their care partners.
- Alzheimer/dementia patients becoming storytellers.
- The opportunity to witness the unlocking of imagination and memories long-buried.
- The building of meaningful relationships through its group creative communication process.
- The opportunity to hear some fabulous real life stories and to listen to some
Session set up: I stand in front of a group of seniors (10-14) with my easel and pen and I share a simple picture with the group. Everyone has a couple of minutes to view the picture and then I begin my session by asking a few specific questions to start our story. Each picture defines a story that can last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes depending on how stirring our imagination can be. I write down the story flow by asking key questions to generate a storyline. When the story is completed I will read the story back to the group. Each story is unique in character and will always guarantee a smile and laugh within the group.